THE CLASS PROGRAM
Each student will receive five 45 minutes masterclasses with Dr. Yossi Reshef. The students will play in a public setting, in front of their colleagues, and in front of the public on five different days, with one free day for each student. All students will play on the first and the last day, and participate in the final class concert.
In order to enrich your experience, in addition to the lessons, the piano course consists of three evening workshops:
- Technique workshop- Each student brings a difficult technical passage from their repertoire, that will be thoroughly discussed and solved.
- Interpretation workshop- Each student can bring a short phrase from their repertoire. This will be discussed from a view point of Phrasing, expression and timing.
- Performance and career development workshop- The subjects of the process of performing, and how to develop a career in classical piano will be discussed with all the students.
All students welcome to participate in the workshops.
The course will end with the final concert with all the class participants, which will be open to the public. Dr. Yossi Reshef will decide together with each participant, which piece will be presented in the Concert Program.
WHO IS ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE
- Students who audition for entry exams in a higher education institute.
- Young professionals who would like to improve their technique and interpretation.
- Professional concert pianists who are preparing a solo recital or a concerto performance with an orchestra.
- Students preparing for national and international competitions.
- Younger students who are interested in becoming pianists.
- Students who are currently studying in a higher educational institute.
- Professional concert pianists who would like to participate in a masterclass setting.
REPERTOIRE AND COURSE FEE
Each student is expected to bring the repertoire he has worked on in the past few months. This usually includes 4-5 different movements from different periods or different composers. Another possibility is to bring 2-3 complete pieces. It is also possible to bring a concerto as our teaching class has two pianos. Please send us your suggested repertoire when you apply for the course. You can already plan which pieces you would like to work on in each class and we will be happy to advise you and choose a plan for your masterclasses with Dr. Reshef.
The course fee is 650 Euros per student. It includes active participation in 5 masterclasses, all the evening workshops, and participating in the final concert.
This year we are opening the class to passive participants. A passive participant is very different than an audience member. It is a student who doesn’t feel ready to perform but still wants to sit in all the classes and get the advantages of being part of the class. Our passive participants get to participate in all the workshops, where they get to learn technique and interpretation, and like other students get a personal consultation at the end of the course.
WHO IS ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE AS A PASSIVE PARTICIPANT
- Younger pianists who are still not ready to perform in a masterclass.
- Students who are less prepared to perform, but are working on piano repertoire pieces.
- Advanced adult piano amateurs.
- Students on a holiday in Berlin who are interested to enrich their education.
- Other instrumentalists who have an interest in a piano masterclass.
Accommodation and Practicing
We are happy to assist you with finding an accommodation. The school has practicing rooms near the main masterclass hall, which you could booked through the office at an additional cost. Please inquire at your registration, we are happy to assist you.